Thursday, June 19, 2014

Freezer Paper Stencils


Below are some of the items I took to a recent art/craft swap. I have an abundance of burlap left over from last year’s Art in the Garden event and this was the perfect opportunity to use it.
Following instructions on the Silhouette School site, I cut stencils from freezer paper using my Silhouette Portrait. After the stencil was cut, I ironed it onto the burlap, paying close attention to getting the edges adhered. In a couple of spots I did have a small paint bleed; with the burlap it was easy to disguise by using a matching thread and stitching over the bleed.

I saw a pillow similar to this on Pinterest; being somewhat southern here in Western Kentucky, it seemed like something that would resonate with our local artist/crafters.

 
 
I stole this idea from an up scaled gift shop. I used canvas on it as well as on the bird pillow.




For the placemats I chose to stencil Enjoy your food! in four different languages.



I love the Portrait as I can create any design or sentiment I can imagine.
I have a few ideas floating in my head for pillows for our new screened porch and my daughter-in-law would like some beach themed pillows for her lanai. This week my 15-year old granddaughter will be visiting the studio. She has requested some stenciling for a lamp shade. My Portrait will be getting quite a work-out!

 

 

1 comment: